This item is a resource package, which consists of a 21 page interactive student booklet for the BTEC Health & Social Care Level 3 Unit 3 Anatomy & Physiology B5 Muscular System AND B7 Nervous System.
Along with this, is the thirteen engaging PowerPoints and additional work sheet tasks and activities that go with it.
PowerPoints are well designed and have embedded videos in them, with booklet pages for students to make notes and example of possible exam questions that may be asked.
B5. The structure, function and main disorders of the muscular system
• The structure of striated muscle
• How muscles are attached to the body: tendons, fascia.
• Types of contraction: isometric, concentric, eccentric.
• Function of the muscular system: movement – antagonistic pairs (agonist, antagonist), synergist, fixator.
Location and action of major muscles, to include:-
erector spinae, rectus abdominis, internal and external obliques, biceps brachii, triceps brachii, deltoids, pectoralis major, trapezius, latissimus dorsi, gluteus maximus, semimembranosus, semitendinosus, biceps femoris, adductors, rectus femoris, vastus lateralis, vastus medialis, vastus intermedius, tibialis anterior, gastrocnemius, soleus.
A dysfunction of the muscular system
• muscular dystrophy
B7. The structure, function and main disorders of the nervous system
• The central nervous system (CNS)
• The structure and function of the brain and spinal cord
• Co-ordination of both voluntary and involuntary activities of the body.
• The peripheral nervous system – motor neurones, sensory neurones, nerve cells.
• The parasympathetic nervous system and sympathetic nervous system.
• Conduction of nerve impulses to and from the CNS; passage of a nerve
• Evoked Visual Response testing for optic nerve myelin sheath damage
• Lumbar puncture
Dysfunctions of the nervous system
• Parkinson’s disease
• Multiple Sclerosis (MS),
I have other booklets and resource packages to cover the whole Unit 3 Anatomy & Physiology spec, add me as a favourite and my other resources should show up.