This ‘pun’ exercise tests student’s knowledge of capital cities with the added element of brain teasing puns! They have to find the capital cities, and then work out which clue they go with!
- Who can complete them the fastest?
- Self-contained cover lesson.
- Fun introductory lesson.
- Home learning
- Start of term activity.
- Guide a research exercise.
- Ongoing extension activity for early finishers.
The students complete a worksheet, either individually or in pairs. The cities are reasonably well known examples, and can be combined with a research task to find them, so suitable for all age groups from mid-primary up through secondary.
Three versions are provided, so you can pick the set most suitable for your classes:
- Half set – 10 countries/capitals – easier puns and more well-known examples (though a few slightly more challenging!).
- Half set – 10 countries/capitals – slightly harder puns and less well-known examples.
- Full set – 19 countries/capitals – all countries included in other sets.
It's good to leave some feedback.
Something went wrong, please try again later.
This resource hasn't been reviewed yet
To ensure quality for our reviews, only customers who have purchased this resource can review it
Report this resourceto let us know if it violates our terms and conditions.
Our customer service team will review your report and will be in touch.