End of Year Activity: a self-reflection writing and art project for 6th graders is a great way to end the year. Each student writes a letter to their 7th grade self using the template or on a piece of paper. Students also complete a reflective art project, which focuses on their view of themselves. Students re-visit highlights from their 6th grade experience and reflect on their hopes and goals for 7th grade as well as life dreams.
When the students are in 7th grade, they receive their letters to themselves. The students are so appreciative of this exercise. It is a worthwhile end-of-year activity for your students now and into the future.
This detailed teacher’s guide includes:
- Complete teacher’s guide for 2 45-minute lessons
- Student handouts including 2 letter templates, art guidelines, and a self-reflection questionnaire
- A complete list of materials
This guide is also available as part of a two money saving bundles:
- End of year middle school bundle. Choose which art activity you will use or better yet, let your student's choose. Save by buying 3 in 1.
- Middle School End of Year Activity Bundle
This purchase is for one teacher only. This resource is not to be shared with colleagues or used by an entire grade level, school, or district without purchasing the proper number of licenses. If you are interested in a site license, please contact me for a quote at firstname.lastname@example.org. This resource may not be uploaded to the internet in any form, including classroom/personal websites or network drives.