High-quality English resources for reading and writing home learning to meet the demands placed upon schools due to school closures or year groups having to isolate.
The pack provides everything you will need to provide 10 sessions of home learning. The activities are based around our text ‘The Snow Child’ and cover writing and reading skills for year 3. These units are also perfect for pupils absent from school or to support learning as a homework package.
• Engaging reading and writing activities to last for 2 weeks
• High quality texts included in the package
• Supportive subject knowledge for parents
• Short bursts of independent activities clearly linked to key skills
- Draw inferences (inferring characters’ feelings, thoughts and motives from their actions) and justify with evidence
- Discuss words and phrases that capture the
- Use conjunctions and adverbs to express time, place and cause
- Use a or an according to whether the next word begins with a vowel or consonant
- In narratives, create characters, settings and plot
- Use inverted commas to punctuate direct speech