Your students will enjoy this set of writing, reading comprehension, and word games to celebrate Groundhog Day! Best suited for mid-upper elementary, this set includes the following five activities:
- History of Groundhog Day passage and reading comprehension multiple choice questions and quick write
- Short story starter prompt (with two writing pages)
- Groundhog Day word search (20 words)
- Maze (Help the groundhog out of his burrow)
- Make-a-Word game (points earned to make words from Punxsutawney Phil)
All pages (black ink only) are in a PDF zip file so easy to print and go!
Special thanks to www.mycutegraphics.com for the adorable groundhog clipart!
https://www.pinterest.com/speechdebateELAetc/ to follow me on Pinterest!