I have made some labels for my class that I would use. They correspond to the new Areas of learning. Feel free to edit or add more. I have kept them colour coded but these can be changed too.
Obviously all areas are cross curricular but I have stuck to the main themes.
I created a small world area for my Year 1 class using lego, in this area the children are required to think about their local area and create a town similar or different. Therefore I created some labels to generate thought from the children and inspire them.
This resource is designed to make it easy for you to show the learning that can take place in the writing area through the continuous provision on offer.
The editable detailed long term planning sheets show the related ELGs, role of the adult, ‘look, listen and note’ opportunities, key vocabulary, key questions as well as possible learning experiences and resources.
An A4 ‘Writing Area’ sign, 8 key question cards and a blank challenge card are also included.
The pack also contains cards showing possible activities and related pictures.
Need continuous provision packs for other classroom areas as well? See my other resources for a great value bundle pack.
A literacy ‘health check’ booklet containing 25 questions, ideal for Y6-Y9 low or average ability range. The short assessment is intended as a brief, low pressure test (hence the ‘health check’ not a ‘test’) and comprises of simple fill-in-the-blanks questions on: capital letters; there, their and they’re; to and too; apostrophes and common spelling errors.
Included on the Power Point are all the answers to the test, as well as a starter and literacy plenary ideas. All resources are included at the back of the Power Point.
Attractive 21 page Power Point includes:
• Title page.
• Fun facts - true or false starter.
• Literacy objectives page.
• Prompt pages for the test.
• Full answers for each section.
• Reflective area for students to respond to on the back of the test.
• Discussion prompt.
• Creative literacy word search activity (provided at the back of the Power Point.)
• Links to a literacy ‘Block Buster’ online game and image.
• All resources, with instructions on how to create the booklet.
You may also be interested in poetic terms full lesson: https://www.tes.com/teaching-resource/poetic-terms-full-lesson-11184997
For more great resources and lessons, visit my page here:
An excellent collection of resources - an ideal pack for new teachers. Pack features:
* About you - complete introduction lesson getting to know your students better
* 15 KS3 starter pack - 15 general original starters
* Literacy Health Check - a complete literacy test lesson to see where students are in terms of basic literacy
* End of term quiz - hours of fun, quiz pack
* Letter card sort with starters - a lasting letter resource to instruct students on the correct layout of letters + 5 starters thrown in
* Find the word 5 starter pack - great resource for Y7 students
Unbeatable value! £14.50 for £5.50!
Visit my shop for more great resources here: