A complete comprehensive unit to teach PowerPoint basics which also covers all aspects of the MO PowerPoint Certification Exam. There is a website, presentations, quizzes, student booklet and assignment activities. The students create a variety of presentations and learn the skills required for certification along the way.
No teacher prep necessary. Great for teacher directed or self-paced learning. Learner needs digital access to PowerPoint files and the internet. Activity booklet and assignment can be printed.
This unit is better done after learning or revising with The Ribbons in PowerPoint.
Pre-Requisites: Previous MS office experience like Word skills, familiarity with text skills, good mouse skills and the ability to copy, cut and paste. Competent reading skills with ability to follow instructions is required for this unit.
A website that explains
- why PowerPoint is used
- Presentation purposes, audience, modes and planning
Presentation (PowerPoint Guidelines) that explains
- The do and don’ts of PowerPoint design
How to - PowerPoint Basics (Slide Show) that explains
- The main features of putting a presentation together
- File tab and properties
- Adding and formatting text & pictures, Alt text
- Adding & formatting slides and master, sections
- Design ideas & themes, slide size
- Adding other objects such as shapes, SmartArt, icons etc
- Adding and formatting video and audio
- Adding a header or footer
- Adding a drawing
- Adding & formatting transitions and animations
- Adding & formatting hyperlinks, zoom links, audio, video
- Adding notes
- Slideshow options, screen recording
- Reviewing & viewing
- Printing notes, handouts
- Preserve slides
- Finding help
Student Activity Booklet
Student completes quizzes and creates their own presentations following instructions
Basic presentation skills covered:
- Adding and formatting text, pictures, animated gifs, SmartArt, Icons, 3D models, tables, charts, screenshots, screen clippings, alt text
- Formatting slides and slide master
- Adding and formatting transitions and animations/ rehearse timing
- Adding and formatting videos & audio
- Set file properties, inspect document, password
- Creating a photo album
- Using templates
- Adding links and zoom links
- Accessing help
- Adding notes, header, footers
- Using annotations
- Saving in different file formats
- All activities in workbook
PowerPoint Assignment Includes
- Online revision quiz
- Presentation Planner
- Creation of assessment presentation to showcase learned skills
- A reference guide
It's good to leave some feedback.
Something went wrong, please try again later.
This resource hasn't been reviewed yet
To ensure quality for our reviews, only customers who have purchased this resource can review it
Report this resourceto let us know if it violates our terms and conditions.
Our customer service team will review your report and will be in touch.