Ratios with Mondrian is a set of four activities for students to explore ratio using student-created Mondrian-Inspired designs. A great addition to your 6th grade study of ratios.
Students are introduced to the artwork of Piet Mondrian and then create their own Mondrian style artwork which they use as the basis for exploring ratio. Students use their artwork to calculate the ratio of different colors to each other. Students work on a small scale with their own artwork and then apply their knowledge of ratio to a large class art piece.
This set of activities is available at a savings as part of a longer-term project on scale, ratio, area and perimeter with Mondrian.
a $$ savings Ratio Teacher Resource Bundle
This detailed guide includes:
- Complete teacher’s guide for 5 45 minute lessons
- 8 pages of ready-to-use Student Handouts
- A complete list of materials
- A presentation on the work of Piet Mondrian and accompanying informational text
Skills Developed in this lesson:
- Students will understand the concept of a ratio and use ratio language to describe the ratio relationship between two quantities (CCSS.MATH.RP.A)
- Students will recognize and represent rational relationships between quantities (CCSS.MATH.RP.A.)
This purchase is for one teacher only. This resource is not to be shared with colleagues or used by an entire grade level, school, or district without purchasing the proper number of licenses. If you are interested in a site license, please contact me for a quote at firstname.lastname@example.org. This resource may not be uploaded to the internet in any form, including classroom/personal websites or network drives.