BUNDLE - READING COMPREHENSION:
ROANOKE AND JAMESTOWN SETTLERS
This product is great for Social Studies (History) and Language Arts (Reading Comprehension). The product contains: 12 one and two-page reading passages of informational text on the Roanoke and Jamestown Settlers; 12 pages of Reading Comprehension questions (one for each passage); and the teacher’s keys. Questions are true or false; multiple choice and open ended, and include both literal and inferential questions. The reading passages can be used for CLOSE READING with other non-fiction graphic organizers as well!
THIS PRODUCT CAN BE USED FOR A QUICK SAMPLES FOR CHARTER SCHOOLS! It may be used for Independent Reading, Homework, or as a Supplemental Worksheets.
READING PASSAGES COVER THE FOLLOWING TOPICS:
• Arriving at Roanoke
• Roanoke – The Lost Colony
• Jamestown Settlement
• James Towne – In Honor of the King
• Life in Jamestown; Life as a Settler
• First and Second Supplies
• Third Supply; The Starving Time
• Patience and Deliverance
• John Rolfe: Tobacco and Pocahontas
• Tobacco – Labor Needs
• Servitude and Slavery
• The Powhatan Indians: Tension Builds – The Powhatan Attacks of 1622
Note: The informational text also appears in my Colonial American Careers Lesson Plan.
Grades 5-8 and Homeschool