Whole lesson power point presentation and handout on naming rooms in the house; describing your house & using prepositions to say where things are.
Lesson activities include:
- Introducing rooms in the house with the phrase Chez moi, il y a … Il n’y a pas …
- Slide with pictures of rooms in the house suitable for pronunciation reinforcement or games (beat the teacher; swat the picture; ‘psychic’ game, etc.)
- Reading task: Students match the rooms in the house vocabulary from the previous tasks to the correct pictures.
- Listening task: Students listen to someone saying what there is in their home and note the letters of the rooms pictured in the order they are mentioned.
- Speaking task: Working in pairs students list the rooms in an imaginary flat, taking it in turn to add one room at a time. A sample exchange is provided.
- Writing task: Pupils produce an extended writing piece of their ideal house/flat. A framework is supplied, along with sentence starters.
- Introducing prepositions with some household objects. Students then translate the phrases into English.
- Listening task: Students listen and put the pictures showing a T-shirt in different places in the order they are mentioned.
- Speaking task: Working in pairs students play Où est mon tee-shirt? a variation on Battleships. They choose three hiding places for their T-shirt by ticking three boxes. They take it in turn to try and guess one of their partner’s hiding places.
- Listening task: Students listen to and read a song which includes rooms in the house and prepositions’ vocabulary.
Suitable for KS2 and KS3 French teachers. The lesson is planned in detail to ensure pace and interaction as well as maximise learning. The answers come up as you click. Based on the Studio 2 Vert Course.
In order to print the handouts ‘student friendly’ click:
On the Full Page Slides box click on the drop down arrow. Select 2 slides and tick Scale to Fit Paper (unless already ticked). If the Frame Slides option is ticked, untick it.
On the Print One Sided box click on the drop down arrow and select Print on Both Sides (Flip pages on long edge).