This resource forms part of a pack of “Now or Later” resources, designed for supply teachers and subs to use as stand-alone activities when no lesson plans have been left. They can also be used in the classroom to supplement writing, reading and maths activities or as warm-up activities. Great for preparation for SAT/National Tests.
1. Give the children a synonym card each.
2. They have 5 minutes to find their “partner”.
3. Use a thesaurus to find other synonyms for their words.
4. Work in pairs to write sentences using the words.
5. As a class, choose some of the words and make a list of all the synonyms. Put them in alphabetical order.