Creating systems to manage information
Students will be required to set up masks to help validate input, and this will be vital for the testing task in the exam. Once they have mastered the basic text and number masks they will be able to apply them to suitable field types when creating a table within a database.
The practice database contains two tables :
- Example warehouse table simulating simple warehouse stock system. The masked fields are
- Stock_ID - autonumber
- Product_name - Capitalisation / Lower case Mask
- Country_of_origin - Letter Mask
- Range_of_product - Must enter Letter / Must enter Number Mask
- Warehouse_telephone - Can enter Number Mask
- Product_price - Decimal Number Mask
- Example student details recording table. The masked fields are:
- ID - autonumber
- Firstname_initial - Capitalised Letter Mas
- Year - Number mask
- Form - Letter / Number Mask
- Attendance - Decimalised number mask
- FSM - Yes / No
- Postcode - Text / Number Mask
- UPN - Text / Number Mask
Students can use this database as reference or change the masks to help them understand how masks restrict data input.
It's good to leave some feedback.
Something went wrong, please try again later.
This resource hasn't been reviewed yet
To ensure quality for our reviews, only customers who have downloaded this resource can review it
Report this resourceto let us know if it violates our terms and conditions.
Our customer service team will review your report and will be in touch.