Keeping your class engaged with new and interesting classroom resources is vital in helping them reach their potential. With Tes Resources you’ll never be short of teaching ideas. We have a range of tried and tested materials created by teachers for teachers, from early years through to A level.
Breathe new life into your lesson plans with our primary and secondary classroom resources. Whether you’re looking for fun maths worksheets or brand new guided reading activities, we have thousands of free and premium resources for you to download. From early years to primary, you’ll find phonics worksheets and numeracy games and all you need to revise for Sats. From secondary to post-16, we have everything from French lessons to algebra activities, as well as GCSE revision guides and more.
This handbook is intended to prepare students for the challenges of a science controlled assessment through a range of activities that can be completed independently or in class. It includes a 'student speak' glossary and lots of challenging oppotunities for assessment for learning before you begin an ISA. It aims to provide an independent learning opportunity that reduces the amount of class time you need to spend on an ISA. Word file now added so you can customise to suit your centre.
This is for a 100 minute lesson, but there are two tasks which could be split over two 50 min lessons.
The Timeline Poster is one activity and the Darwin text based activity is the second activity.
The text may be too textual for low ability or low reading age students, my low reading age group had an LSA and they were ACE!
**This resource has been recommended by the TES Resource Team**
*UPDATED JANUARY 2017* Added a crossword puzzle with answers.
This resource pack will get your learners thinking about electricity and electric circuits. It includes:
• A lucid and logical 69-slide PowerPoint which includes many visual aids. The slides are thoughtfully animated (not over-animated) to allow opportunities for learners to participate and promote class discussions.
• Seven pages of interactive notes (scaffolded notes). These notes fit perfectly with the presentation. I find this activity keeps lower-level students engaged during the lessons while allowing differentiation for higher achievers.
• A crossword (with answers), some homework questions and a quiz.
**Just print and go! Or customize to fit the needs of your class.**
Learning objectives covered in this resources are listed below.
• By the end of these lessons, pupils should know:
1. that electricity is a form of energy.
2. that current electricity can be produced from cells, batteries or the mains
3. that there are a range of appliances in the home, which use electricity.
4. that we can represent components by symbols.
5. that current electricity flows in conductors but not in insulators.
6. that a complete path is needed from one side of the battery to the other for electricity to flow.
7. how a switch works.
8. that there are two types of circuit, series and parallel.
9. that current is measured in Amps.
10. that current is measured using an ammeter.
11. how to connect and use an ammeter.
12. that in a series circuit, the current is the same all the way round the circuit.
13. that in a parallel circuit, the current is shared but not lost or used up.
14. that the current in a series circuit depends upon the number and type of components used.
15. that a battery is a store of electrical energy.
16. that voltage is a measure of the amount of energy or push given to the current.
17. that more cells in series equals more voltage.
18. that the effect of voltage upon current and bulb brightness.
19. that an electric current causes a wire to become hot. .
20. that the bigger the current, the higher the temperature of the wire.
21. that if too much current flows, the wire will melt.
Hope you find it useful. Your feedback is much appreciated.
Higher ability and Lower ability worksheet for Year 8 Healthy Lifestyle unit.
This is to follow the Activate 2 textbook.
Good for revision, homework or end of unit task.
Written for higher ability class, so may need adapting for lower sets.
The bundle is made up of 11 lesson and is the complete scheme of CB9.
Lesson 0 - entry test
Lesson 1 - ecosytems
Lesson 2 - fieldwork
Lesson 3 - abiotic factor
Lesson 4 - biotic factors
Lesson 5 - core practical
Lesson 6 - parasites and mutualists
Lesson 7 - fish farming and indigenous species
Lesson 8 - Eutrophication
Lesson 9 - biodiversity
Lesson 10 - water cycle
The lesson looks at endangered species and moves to discuss deforestation. Students then have to design their own ecosystem before there understanding is demonstrated with work sheet. The lesson concludes with an exam question.