This is a complete resource package, which consists of a 16 page, interactive student booklet for the BTEC Health & Social Care Level 3 Unit 3 Anatomy & Physiology; B1 Homeostasis Mechanisms and B10 The Renal system and dysfunctions. You can add and alter it to suit your style of teaching. There is even a September 2017- Jan exam 2018 programme of work.
Along with this, is the TEN engaging PowerPoints and additional work sheet tasks and activities that go with it, such as a card match activity.
PowerPoints are well designed and have embedded videos in them, with booklet pages for students to make notes and example of possible exam questions that may be asked, to get them thinking and applying new knowledge.
The complete B1 and B10 part of the spec has been covered, in detail, see below:-
B1 Homeostatic mechanisms
• Definition of homeostasis.
• Internal environment.
• The concept of negative feedback as a regulatory mechanism.
• Body temperature – production of heat by the body, loss of heat by the body, roles of hypothalamus and autonomic nervous system (role of arterioles and sweat glands), effects of shivering, implications of surface area to volume ratios, fever.
• Blood glucose levels – roles of pancreas, liver, insulin, glucagon.
• Fluid balance – water intake/output/loss, role of kidneys and renal system.
• Failure of homeostatic mechanisms – hypothermia, dehydration.
B10 Structure, function and disorders of the renal system
• Kidneys – filtering toxins from the blood, regulating water and salt balance and pH.
• Ureters – carrying urine form the kidney to the bladder.
• Bladder – storage or urine.
• Urethra – carrying urine from the bladder to the outside world.
• Disorders of the renal system
• urinary tract infections (UTIs)
• renal failure
For other sections in the spec, follow me on TES….
...and have a look at my other resources…. I have covered the whole of Unit 3 Anatomy and Physiology and am currently preparing resources for Units 1 and 2, too. Every time I add something new, it will flag up to you…. ...please leave me a review, what do you think?
Teaching is a tough enough job as it is so make your life easier and get your resources from me :-)