Now available in iTunes, TES Teach with Blendspace, together with the tes.com global catalog of classroom resources, helps inspire teachers to create, share, remix and deliver the best possible lessons
TES, home to the world’s largest network of educators and a global catalog of classroom resources, has announced a new mobile app: TES Teach with Blendspace. Now available for free in iTunes, TES Teach is a lesson creation and delivery tool that provides an easy way to find and integrate digital resources into daily instruction in the classroom.
TES Teach builds upon the popular lesson creation tool, Blendspace, which was acquired by TES in July of 2014. Over two million teachers and students already use Blendspace to organize any digital educational resources or content, whether from the web or their own files, to create and share differentiated lessons in one place. Over two million lessons have already been created and shared globally.
Optimized for the iPad, TES Teach will include:
- Lesson editor – navigate and save resources, then organize and personalize based on your students’ needs.
- Embedded online search engine – drag and drop any of the 2,300,000+ lessons and 1,600,000 resources created by fellow educators.
- Embedded quizzes – track how each student is learning with short quizzes.
- Virtual discussions – make lessons more interactive by leading a virtual discussion, which can help boost student engagement.
- Student access – let students learn at their own pace by sharing lessons they can instantly access. Spark creativity by asking them to create multimedia presentations, portfolios, or lessons for each other.
Amy Lin, who founded Blendspace and was named among Fortune’s 30 Under 30 for Education, said: “When I started Blendspace, teachers had just begun to realize the power of digital content; now, with 96% of U.S. teachers having used open educational resources, they often need to quickly find, organize, and personalize digital lessons wherever they are. With the rise of iPads and 1:1 classrooms, TES Teach gives teachers everything they need to provide students with a great interactive learning experience.”
Kevin Tiller, a teacher in Massachusetts, said: “TES Teach is a must-have app for tech savvy teachers because it shows you how to take content from places like tes.com, Google Drive, YouTube, and Dropbox and put it all in one cohesive lesson. It's super easy to use and it makes lesson planning fun."
To download TES Teach from the iTunes store, please click here.