This 6 week unit of work enables children to explore the reliability of information on the Internet.
The following objectives are covered over the 6 weeks:
- Use a search engine to find information using given keywords
- Decide upon suitable keywords to use when conducting a search
- Use complex search criteria to locate specific information.
- Compare the types and advantages & disadvantages of different search engines
- Use Google docs to record ideas about information reliability
- Reflect critically on information and made improvements to searches by using boolean operators.
- Compare information from a wide range of sources.
- Take part in an informed discussion about the impact of unreliable/fraudulent web sites
All resources are listed here and are referenced in the lesson plans.
A great unit that enables the children to critically think about the information they are gathering from the Internet.
PLEASE NOTE - I have uploaded the worksheets as part of a Google assignment within Google Classroom (see attached image) but you will also have the paper worksheets for children to work from if you do not have this facility