Need a fun way to introduce Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets to upper elementary or middle school students? This great lesson lets students learn the basics of Microsoft Excel (or Google Sheets) as they create pixel art using the program. First, they’ll create a quick pixel art from a given example and then they’ll create their own! These are also fun lessons to use if you just need something for a one day lesson.
This set contains 6 exciting Halloween themed pixel art projects for your students to create, plus two samples for the lessons. The projects vary in difficulty so that every student can be challenged and successful.
I’ve used this with 7th and 8th graders who used their free time to create even more art! I hope your students have as much fun as mine did learning Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets!
• Teacher & Student Resources
• Introduction to Pixel Art Lesson (Microsoft Excel project) with tutorial
• Introduction to Pixel Art Lesson (Google Sheets project) with tutorial
• Legends and Sample Pictures for 6 Additional Pictures
• Full Excel (2016) editable files for all pixel art projects (note: these can be opened in Google Sheets too)
Pixel Art Pictures Include:
- Candy Corn
- Black Cat
- Jack O’Lantern in Hat
- Jack O’Lantern
- Trick or Treat Bag