iGCSE Sociology - Unit 02 - Culture, Identity and Socialisation - Delivery Materials and Videos.
Covers the topics:
- understand the key terms culture, norms, values, roles, beliefs and identity, appreciate that these are social constructions and understand how they influence human behaviour
- understand the terms conformity and non-conformity and how agencies of social control work know examples of rewards and sanctions applied in different societies and organisations
- explain the nature of sub-cultures and how these impact on consensus and conflict
- describe and account for diversity and variations in human behaviour and culture, including issues related to cultural relativism and multiculturalism
- assess the view that globalisation is creating a global culture
- explain the ways in which childhood is socially constructed
- describe the processes of learning and socialisation, both primary and secondary
- explain the different agencies of socialisation and their impact on individuals, including the consequences of inadequate socialisation
- assess the different views in the nature/nurture debate
- assess role, age, gender, ethnic group and class as influences on social identity.