This set of lessons teaches students how to create HTML Websites starting with the very basics moving onto advanced concepts. Students are taught how the basic structure of HTML generates an actual webpage using the software Notepad++
Students are able to engage in independent learning using the HTML Help Cards provided once they are shown how to set up their very notepad++ file and save it with the .html extension.
The following HTML skills are covered in this resource:
- Adding Headings
- Adding Background colors
- HTML Color Codes
- Adding Text
- Formatting Text – Bold, Italic, Underline and color
- Inserting Images
- Altering image size and position
- Adding Tables
- External Hyperlinks
- Internal Hyperlinks
- Graphical Links
- Cascading Style Sheets
- <Div></DIV> tags
- <Style></Style> tags
- ID tags #
- Class tags
This resource comes complete with:
- Colorful lesson powerpoints which includes explanations and student tasks (editable and PDF format)
- Detailed lesson directions
- I Can Statements.
- In Class HTML Project Challenge
- Web Authoring Homework Project
- HTML Code file
- Assessment Rubric/Teacher Assessment Guide for both the class project and the homework project
- HTML Help Cards
Depending on the ability level of your students and their pace to pick up new coding concepts, this resource is 9 weeks’ worth of teaching material. Students really enjoy making website in HTML especially when they are able to see a visual output.
Please email me on email@example.com if you would like a more detailed preview of the resources.