This handout / worksheet is designed to enable an in-depth teaching and preparation of the poem “Meeting at Night” by Robert Brown. The poem is also on the IGCSE English Literature curriculum for exams in 2018 and 2019.
The handout includes:
You can buy this handout as part of the IGCSE Poetry May 2018 / May 2019 bundle, here: IGCSE Poetry May 2018 / 2019 Bundle
- Short biography and introduction to the poet - Robert Browning.
- The historical or external context of the secret meetings and courtship of Robert Browning and Elizabeth Barret are also explained.
- The poem text with line numbers to facilitate a close-reading, and annotations for difficult words and concepts.
- Close-reading & analysis questions.
- Essay questions to facilitate IGCSE exam practice.