This 6 week unit of work enables children to explore the reliability of information on the Internet.
The following objectives are covered over the 6 weeks:
- Use a search engine to find information using given keywords
- Decide upon suitable keywords to use when conducting a search
- Use complex search criteria to locate specific information.
- Compare the types and advantages & disadvantages of different search engines
- Use Google docs to record ideas about information reliability
- Reflect critically on information and made improvements to searches by using boolean operators.
- Compare information from a wide range of sources.
- Take part in an informed discussion about the impact of unreliable/fraudulent web sites
All resources are listed here and are referenced in the lesson plans.
A great unit that enables the children to critically think about the information they are gathering from the Internet.
PLEASE NOTE - I have uploaded the worksheets as part of a Google assignment within Google Classroom (see attached image) but you will also have the paper worksheets for children to work from if you do not have this facility
It's good to leave some feedback.
Something went wrong, please try again later.
This resource hasn't been reviewed yet
To ensure quality for our reviews, only customers who have purchased this resource can review it
Report this resourceto let us know if it violates our terms and conditions.
Our customer service team will review your report and will be in touch.