9 worksheets including facts and activities that can be used in Literacy / Reading / Comprehension:
• What is Freeze-Dried Food? – explains the history of freeze-drying foods
• Worksheet / follow up activity: Use a dictionary for find the meaning of listed words. Write a sentence for each one to explain freeze-dried foods.
• Different Types of Freeze-Dried Food: Look for examples of freeze-dried foods. Complete the table.
• How is Freeze-Dried Food Made? – diagram illustrating making process
• Worksheet / follow up activity: cut and paste: put the pictures in the correct order to show how freeze-dried food is made. Match captions.
• Nutritional Benefits of Food – information to find out what Nutrition Facts labels tells you about the food - this is usually found on the back of the food package.
• Worksheet / follow up activity: choose a freeze-dried food product and find out what its nutritional values are; complete a Nutritional Facts label; write about the food product
• Extension: create a freeze-dried food product; complete a Nutritional Facts label; write about the food product.
Useful Tip! Use the PDF doc with your IWB to work through the pages with your children :)
Hope that you like and find them useful.
If you have any comments or recommendations to make, please do not hesitate to do so. Thanks for looking :)