To improve school and classroom climate by taking proactive measures regarding bullying behavior and victimization of those who are different
1. Students will participate in activities and discussion regarding their feelings about those different from them which may or may not been exacerbated by recent political rhetoric.
2. Students will be able to feel safe in a non-threatening environment that will protect them from threatening behavior and speech.
3. Students will express their thoughts voluntarily without ridicule, using words and graphics.
4. Students will listen to each other and summarize what they heard
a peer say before sharing their thoughts/feelings.
5. Students will make an empathic statement regarding any feelings he/she has in common with another student or students.
6. Students will work with an "empathy partner" or partners to create a graphic that expresses their feelings, including their empathy with each other's feelings.
7. Parents of students exhibiting violent speech and/or behavior will be contacted and apprised of the incident and suggest professional help for her/him.