With this Physics and Computing activity, learn about the effects of gravity and how to simulate them in Scratch with code. You can learn more about the forces of gravity and the effects of weightlessness as well as more about British ESA Astronaut Tim Peake's mission aboard the International Space Station and the Astro Pi Project here: https://www.raspberrypi.org/competitions/astro-pi/
By creating a gravity simulator in Scratch, you will learn:
- About the force of gravity and how it is calculated on different planets in our solar system.
- How to import images into Scratch and use them as backgrounds and sprites.
- How to store data in variables.
- How to set and use an if condition.
- How to use multiply operators.
Suitable for KS2 and KS3 students.