The Owl and the Pussy Cat Play including the Tale of Little Pig Robinson
This script is effectively two tales in one! That of Edward Lear’s The Owl and the Pussycat and Beatrix Potter’s The Tale of Little Pig Robinson; and provides one explanation of how an owl and a pussycat came to be married!
Cast of 30. Around 20 minutes reading time.
It includes adapted text from the *Tale of Little Pig Robinson - originally written to be used as a guided reading script as part of a set of scripts, in Part IV of The Tales of Beatrix Potter: Tales 16 – 21.
Narrator: Another cat! Most confusing! Now, wouldn’t it have made more sense if
Susan: (Interrupting) Aha! I can see where this is going! You’re thinking I should have married Percy? Another cat?
Narrator: (Holding his head) Oh dear, remind me, what did you say your name was?
Susan: I didn’t! But it’s Susan!
(Enter Cat and Captain)
Cat: A domestic cat! One with a name! A rather different life from mine!
Captain: (Indignantly) Hey! You were well enough looked after
Cat: But I had to work for my food!
Captain: Quite right too! No room for any lazy landlubbers on my ship!
Narrator: But wait! Who was the cat who married that owl? I always thought it was
*Also available from TES and www.plays-r-ussell.com
The Tales of Beatrix Potter, Parts I – IV, Guided Reading Scripts for Key Stage II covering 21 tales
5 tales in each of Parts I, II and III, with 6 in Part IV; around 6 speakers per tale – the total number adding up to 30, each tale around 5 minutes in duration (not including Q&A/Discussion based around PSHE themes).
Part I consists of:
• Tale 1 The Tale of Peter Rabbit
• Tale 2 The Tale of Squirrel Nutkin
• Tale 3 The Tailor of Gloucester
• Tale 4 The Tale of Benjamin Bunny
• Tale 5 The Tale of Two Bad Mice
Part II consists of the following:
• Tale 6 The Tale of Mrs. Tiggy-Winkle
• Tale 7 The Tale of Mr. Jeremy Fisher
• Tale 8 The Tale of Tom Kitten
• Tale 9 The Tale of Jemima Puddle-Duck
• Tale 10 The Tale of the Flopsy Bunnies
Part III consists of:
• Tale 11 The Tale of Mrs. Tittlemouse
• Tale 12 The Tale of Timmy Tiptoes
• Tale 13 The Tale of Johnny Town-Mouse
• Tale 14 The Tale of Mr. Tod
• Tale 15 The Tale of Pigling Bland
Part IV has the following tales:
• Tale 16 The Tale of Samuel Whiskers
• Tale 17 The Tale of the Pie and the Patty Pan
• Tale 18 The Tale of Ginger and Pickles
• Tale 19 The Tale of Little Pig Robinson
• Tale 20 The Story of A Fierce Bad Rabbit
• Tale 21 The Story of Miss Moppet
For Key Stage One (5 – 7 year olds) , four assemblies/class plays are available, based on the above format i.e. 5 tales within each (apart from 6 in Part IV).