In this playlist, students explore standard 8.NS.A.1. They learn how to understand the difference between rational and irrational numbers, classify numbers as rational or irrational, and write repeating decimals as fractions. Students are guided through determining the difference between rational and irrational numbers, classifying numbers as rational or irrational, and writing terminating and repeating decimals as fractions. Students also have the option to view instructional videos and complete practice quizzes or activities.
The playlist includes:
• Links to four instructional videos or texts
• Links to four practice quizzes or activities
• Definitions of key terms, such as a rational number
Accompanying Teaching Notes include:
• Review of key terminology
• Links to video tutorials for students struggling with certain parts of the standard, such as writing repeating decimals as fractions
• Links to additional practice quizzes or activities on certain parts of the standard, such as identifying rational and irrational numbers
For more teaching and learning resources on standard 8.NS.A.1, visit Wisewire.com.