Why do people live near volcanoes?
**Tectonic hazards: ** This lessons aims to teach students why people decide to live near volcanoes despite the obvious dangers. I have differentiated all of the resources to ensure understanding from all abilities.
- Geothermal Energy
- Volcanic soil
- Diamonds and precious minerals
- I have included the world’s most dangerous volcano (Mt Nyirangongo, Democratic Republic of Congo) to help show the various techniques used to monitor volcanoes across the world.
- PowerPoint - Included with well selected videos to support learning
- Worksheets - Differentiated to suit all abilities
- Extension Activity - Higher level students use pie chart to determine importance of each of the factors.
My students have found this lessons really interesting. Enjoy!