Two lessons on using the immediate future tense to describe what students are going to do at the weekend. Aimed at Y8/9 Spanish students depending on ability and previous knowledge.
Covers introduction to immediate future tense (I am going to, He/She is going to, We are going to), range of infinitives on free time activities, days of the week and times of day.
- how to form the immediate future tense
- infinitives vocabulary challenge activity
- translations into Spanish using the immediate future tense
- battleships activity
- spot the mistake activity
- matching activity on days of the week and times of day
- reading and writing activity on planning a weekend
- writing activity on describing weekend plans
- challenge translation
- plenary on testing knowledge of the difference between the present, past and future tenses
Listening exercises refer to Viva 1 Spanish textbook.