A complete and ready to deliver high quality GCSE lesson.
This is a complete lesson from start to end, you do not need to spend many hours carefully planning, creating, resourcing and improving this lesson after each use. I have already spent those hours preparing this lesson for my students and improving it over many years.
There is nothing to do but give it a quick look through and familiarise yourself with it.
* Explain key words and phrases including “hypothesis”, “peer review”, “theory” and the “prediction”.
* Explain the scientific method and how new hypotheses are validated by other scientists before they are accepted.
* Understand trial by evidence.
This carefully crafted lesson is over 40 slides long, and is full of learning activities as below:
* Notes to help the teacher.
* Starter 1 - unscramble the words.
* Starter 2 - simple task where students self-assess themselves against the objectives.
* Matching task - answers are provided.
* Activity sheet - built into the powerpoint simply print this slide for each student.
* Unscramble the words race.
* Sequencing activity.
* Gap fill activity - all answers are provided.
* Quiz with answers.
* Questions – all answers are provided.
* Up and about activity
* Theory slides (carefully sculpted, interspaced with learning activities, not ‘death by powerpoint’).
* Differentiated questions with answers (ACTIVITY SHEETS built into powerpoint simply print them).
* Play ball.
* Paired work activities – answers are provided.
* Scientific literacy activity.
* Plenary is the activity sheets.
* Student self-assessment versus objectives activity – so learners can judge for themselves how much they have learnt.
As teachers we all work ridiculously long hours each week. Give yourself a break, spend some life with your wife / husband / children / friends / family by purchasing more lessons created by “Barclayfox” once they appear on TES. Please note: when searching for resources please type barclayfox into the search box/engine and it will show you all our resources.
Please purchase this lesson, and leave a positive review.
This lesson is part of a series, whilst they all work very well as standalone individual lessons you may wish to buy others from the series:
0. Bundle – contains all lessons (if available not all series are bundled)
1. Atoms, radiation and the discovery of the nucleus.
2. Isotopes and Mass number and Atomic number.
3. Alpha, Beta and Gamma – ionising radiation.
4. Changes in the nucleus – decay equations
5. Activity and half life
6. Activity and half life practicals
7 to 14 - are listed in the powerpoint
Thank you, and happy teaching!