This KS2 cross-curricular, active learning package for the study of the historically significant Grimston Church, includes National Curriculum links, background information, classroom resources including digital images, classroom activity ideas, visit information and visit activity ideas. The focus for the pupil’s learning is on the art, design and craftwork found both inside and outside the building. This study will encourage pupils to look closely at the physical beauty of the building and its contents and will stimulate ideas for their own creative work in the classroom.
· To appreciate and be inspired by the work of artists, designers and craftspeople who created the historically significant Grimston church and its contents.
· To understand how these individuals from the past explored ideas and where they drew their inspiration from.
· To know what skills they used to create their art forms.
· To develop an understanding of why it is necessary to protect, conserve and restore these
creations for future generations.
· To develop skills in creating art and design work.
This package includes images, discussion starters, classroom activity ideas and activity suggestions for a visit. Although a visit to Grimston Church is recommended the pack contains enough information to be able to study some of its features in the classroom. A class could look at all the features or just one and it’s features can be studied in any order. For each feature, either on a visit or in the classroom, invite pupils to express their own opinions and feelings about the work. There may be further teaching opportunities not covered in detail in this pack, please refer to the website www.grimstonchurch.co.uk for details of other features in the church.
This resource hasn't been reviewed yet
To ensure quality for our reviews, only customers who have downloaded this resource can review it
Report this resourceto let us know if it violates our terms and conditions.
Our customer service team will review your report and will be in touch.