1. Talk to the students about what they know from history in 1949-1989
2. Introduce Billy Joel's "We didn't start the fire" & have them jot down any person, place, event
3. Then have a discussion and students will watch the video of the song & jot down even more information.
4. Tell the students they are going to rewrite Billy Joel's song with updated history
5. Student's research 2-3 years for the history that happened then each group will compose 4 lines to the new version of "We Didn't Start the Fire".
6. Attached is sample of student's work
WSHT.6.4 , WSHT.7.4 , WSHT.8.4
Tes classic free licence
Select overall rating
Your rating is required to reflect your happiness.
It's good to leave some feedback.
Something went wrong, please try again later.
This resource hasn't been reviewed yet
To ensure quality for our reviews, only customers who have downloaded this resource can review it
Report this resourceto let us know if it violates our terms and conditions. Our customer service team will review your report and will be in touch.