This resource is for grades 9-12. The ACT video explains why it is mandatory to take the ACT,
encourages student to think about career opportunities available as a result of taking the ACT test, and provides images to encourage students to think positive about ACT testing. The ACT music video can be
included in a school’s ACT Testing Prep Program.
• Understand the ACT test is mandatory means to be successful in the college curriculum
• Visualize a positive outcome about taking the ACT test.
Differentiation opportunities- This music video comes under the musical and visual spatial
Gardner’s multiple intelligences. Target students that are visual and auditory learners.
The goal of the ACT music video is to enhance a positive attitude towards ACT testing.
Standards that apply: Career and College Standards-Technology and Tools
• Use ACT music video 10 minutes before testing if testing only in the morning.
• If testing all day, play the music video 10 minutes before testing in the morning, and in the afternoon after students have settled for 10 minutes after lunch, play the ACT music video.
Present ACT music video several ways:
• Individual classrooms
• Assign groups of students to areas of the school large enough
for testing. (If possible, divide equally based on population).
Use for after school ACT tutoring programs
• Develop a two or three day testing schedule
NOTE: Playing this ACT music video is for ACT practice assessments-not the actual ACT