Year 6. B61. Living things and their habitats
Six fully developed lessons for Year 6 Biology; Living things and their habitats. A workbook which runs alongside the presentation to give ease of marking and proof of assessment and feedback. Once complete, pupils can use this as a revision tool as it will be fully self, and teacher assessed. A SOW with ideas on how to best present and run this series of lessons.
All ready to download, print and go!
• Lesson 1: Classification. What is MRS GREN? How do we classify animals and plants? What is a classification route?
• Lesson 2: Linnaeus. Who was Linnaeus? How to follow the Linnaean system of classification.
• Lesson 3: Keys. How to follow polyclave and dichontomnous keys and how to mae these.
• Lesson 4: Single-celled organisms. What is a single-celled organism? How are these classified?
• Lesson 5: Arthropods. What is an invertebrate? What are the characteristics of insects and arachnids and what are the important parts of these arthropods?
• Lesson 6: Flowering plants. What characteristics do plants have? What are the functions of parts of the flower? Assessment: Flower dissection.
Each lesson incorporates:
• A starter task
• A main task(s)
• A plenary
• A PIT STOP activity (where pupils can check their progress in the lesson so far)
• Paper resources and practical activity ideas
• Assessment opportunities (we use a purple pen to show progress throughout using self-assessment, this is what the purple pen icon represents throughout the presentations)
• Feedback and self-reflection
• Extension opportunities
• Prep tasks (homework)
I don’t own any of the images in any document.
Lesson 1. Classification is available for free from here if you’d like to try out the lesson and see the quality and quantity before purchasing the bundle.
It's good to leave some feedback.
Something went wrong, please try again later.
This resource hasn't been reviewed yet
To ensure quality for our reviews, only customers who have purchased this resource can review it
Report this resourceto let us know if it violates our terms and conditions.
Our customer service team will review your report and will be in touch.