1. Powerpoint Lesson Prompts for introducing the subject (for the first three lessons in Beginnings of Relativity);
2. Original hand-drawn handouts summarising the topic;
3. 12,000-word e-novel, An Evening In Wonderland – A Brief Story of Maths, Physics & The Universe.
The Lesson Prompts were designed to contextualise Relativity within the frameworks that students are already familiar with as well as to give them a solid start in Frames of Reference. It contains 26 Powerpoint slides.
By the end of the lessons, students should achieve these Learning Objectives:
1. The seminal work of Galileo and Newton;
2. Galilean relativity: The fundamental laws of physics are the same in all frames of reference moving with constant velocity with respect to one another;
3. Applying Galilean relativity in real life: experiments in an aeroplane and on earth;
4. Deriving Galilean transformation;
5. Newton – revision on the Laws of Motion and Universal Gravitation;
6. The concept of geocentric and heliocentric as illustration for Frames of Reference (FoR);
7. Newton’s Laws and Galilean relativity;
8. A brief tour of what we know about light throughout its history and Maxwell’s work on electromagnetism;
9. Michelson-Morley experiment and the need for a new way of looking at the universe.
The Lesson Prompts are supplemented by an e-novel and hand-drawn handouts summarising the main aspects of the topic (including Special Relativity and General Relativity).
It's good to leave some feedback.
Something went wrong, please try again later.
This resource hasn't been reviewed yet
To ensure quality for our reviews, only customers who have purchased this resource can review it
Report this resourceto let us know if it violates our terms and conditions.
Our customer service team will review your report and will be in touch.