Mini-training on behaviour, best used as:
- ‘Food for thought’ starters/plenaries in meetings
- Weekly inspiration on bulletins
- Each of the 5 areas could be used as a starting point of investigation in a department/year group
- Each of the 5 areas could be used as an audit/survey to assess where your school is in terms of behaviour – highlighting areas for improvement.
The training includes:
Some targeted solutions; tried and tested techniques; some wider perspective, long-term thinking; and maybe a little TLC yourself; in order to transform the current status quo of disrupted lessons, stressed teaching staff and the occasional broken window.
This mini-training introduces some initial approaches to these issues, covering:
- Safety First ( Learning Second)
- Building relationships
- See the child not the behaviour
- Don’t take things personally (!)
- Be part of a team