This are notes that I made during INSET delivered by an OFSTED inspector who had recently himself received INSET on how to carry out the new framework. This is focused on Teaching and Learning and gives an insight into how the new inspections will grade overall teaching and learning in a school.
A ppt guide to be delivered to dept/faculty in light of recent ofsted changes. Looks particularly at the impact on teaching and learning.\nMade from the blog post by @teachertoolkit\n\nplease let me know if you found this useful \n@mrjkwilson
Designed to reduce planning time & focus on key learning phases within a lesson. (Will still require thinking!) Remember - Sept. 2014 - Ofsted no longer require a lesson plan for lessons, but evidence of ‘a planned lesson!’ Useful for coaching and mentoring NQTs; or with established colleagues for paired observations. “Stickability” = What will stick in students minds as they leave your lesson? What key point do you want them to remember? Now translated into 8 languages. Pin your plan? bit.ly/5MinMapped Contact me @TeacherToolkit Updated Oct 2014
Has that pile of books been sitting on your desk for over a week? Why not print out some stickers and get sticking! I use a range of stickers to encourage student feedback. It's an excellent way to save some time but also encourage a dialogue. Credit to A. Wilkes for inspiration. You will require various label size papers but there are some standard envelope ones. Sticker sizes include: standard address label, 25x25, 64x64 and others. Comments are appreciated. This paper can be purchased online and put into any printer. Comments are appreciated. Images are taken from Microsoft Office Clip-Art collections and used in line with MS policy.
WHOLE SCHOOL TARGET SETTING All SUBJECTS Life Beyond Levels KS2 (NEW SCALED SCORE)-KS4 1-9 Grade Forecaster/Target Grades (Create targets for WHOLE school)
THIS IS A NEW AND UPDATED VERSION USING THE SCALED SCORES FROM KS2. I created this file to help set end of year targets for KS3 pupils based on KS3 Scaled scores in Maths, Reading and Grammar, punctuation and Spelling. I have identified a flightpath for each KS2 entry level. These have been based on Maths and English or both.
It is ideal if you are using 1-9 grades throughout the KS3 and KS4 curriculum and includes:
• a modifiable target grade/flightpath for each pupil. At this moment the flightpath for each child is linear and there is a steeper progress line for more able pupils (This is to ensure we are setting aspirational targets that will support whole school results going forward)
• KS4 target forecast grades for each child (I wanted to always have a handle on the actual final outcomes that these targets would result in should they be met by pupils)
• KS4 forecast for the whole cohort
If you want to discuss this further then please add me on twitter @thenortherner19 as I am keen to network.
The forecasting of grades uses grades of 1 to 9 with a fine scale of .1 .2 and .3 (Meaning entering, developing and secure respectively).
Using this file you can:
- use the existing flightpaths or modify them (see how they are graphically presented over the five years at school)
- these flightpaths will automatically predict a forecast 1-9 percentage for the Y7, Y8 and Y9 cohort at the end of school (this will help you to visualize the school outcome should you wish to check that forecasting is aspirational enough and would result in sound achievement)
- use these flightpaths to enter onto SIMS as a target grade
Please check my other KS3 Curriculum tracking resources on my online TES shop
The below subjects are based on KS2 Scaled scores:
• English – based on English only
• Maths – based on Maths only
• All other subjects – based on an average of Reading, Maths and GPS
• You can of course choose to follow any one of the above for individual subjects (Eg Humanities can use the English flightpath or Science can use the Maths one etc.
NEW RS 1-9 Grade Tracker with ANALYSIS of whole cohort (USING SCALED SCORE KS2)
This tracker will allow you to track attainment and progress of pupils of all abilities and uses the NEW KS2 assessments of SCALED SCORES
• 1-9 Grade Tracker with ANALYSIS of whole cohort (GCSE or KS3 - as long as you use 1-9)
• If you use 1-9 GCSE grades with .1, .2 and .3 fine grades then this assessment tracker will work for you.
• This tracker will allow you to track 12 assessments throughout the year. The grades will average at the end and will give you a constant picture of the cohort performance.
• These figures can be periodically cut and paste into the tracker so that progress of the cohort.
• Included is also a target grade forecasting tool so you can graphically see how pupils are targeted and the expected flightpaths. All pupils have been given aspirational targets and this is what I have designed for use in my school
If you need to speak to me regarding how this works or how it can be modified then please contact me on Twitter @thenortherner19