suitable for KS3 Religious Education
Covers all aspects of Shabbat meal for Jewish families- can be used as a tool over a number of lessons or a 'death by worksheet' lesson.
Should be helpful for cover work ( as it is self explanatory)
Hope it helps someone out there
A Jewish family welcome their Grandparents to celebrate Shabbat together. Just before dark the mother lights the Shabbat candles and says a prayer. The family drink wine or grape juice from silver goblets and receive a blessing from the Grandfather. They explain that Shabbat is a time to talk and celebrate with family.
World Religions: Ramadan (2016)<br />
1. PowerPoint presentation about Islam; Ramadan and Eid-ul-Fitr<br />
2. Ramadan work book:<br />
Learning outcomes:<br />
1. Write a report about Ramadan for a local newspaper<br />
2. Answer written questions about Ramadan<br />
3. Complete a gapped text about Ramadan<br />
4. Write a description of a special day you celebrate<br />
3. Phases of the moon activity<br />
This lesson goes over the Chinese creation story and has everything you need. Good detailed information, learning objectives and outcomes have been differentiated. There are also a range of activities and worksheets that have bee provided. <br />
Excellent range of images, a video clip and activities that kept pupils' engaged throughout the lesson.