Engage students in your Sociology class with this in-depth crime and deviance unit! Deviance and social control are important concepts for our future citizens to learn, which makes this unit a priority to teach in your Sociology classroom! There is a variety of videos and lessons included that will lead to critical thinking and discourse from your students. Looking for a full Sociology course? This product is included in my full-year course.
Why will this product help me?
- Files are all organized into folders for easy access
- Lesson plan pacing calendar for each unit to help you in planning
- FREE updates: I teach this course every year and update my plans
- All the videos are included in Power-point presentations
- Email support directly from me
- Teacher created and tested by someone with years of experience
- Optimized for fifty minute lessons adaptable to your schedule
What does this curriculum contain?
Twenty three Complete lesson plans (with videos it can be extended an extra 2 weeks)
Hands-on student activities + all needed materials to implement the lessons
Video links and questions/handouts
Project (Break a Norm)
- Break a Norm Project
- Methods of Execution
- 7 Day Death Penalty Unit
- Deviance and Conformity Lesson
- Power of Authority Lesson
- Stop and Frisk Lesson
- Functions of Crime Lesson
- Solitary Confinement Video Questions
- Prison State Video Questions
How can I access the lessons?
Option 1) Google Drive
Heres what teachers like you said about this product:
Excellent Unit. My students love the concept of deviance and I was looking for other assessment ideas. Thanks!
The Crime and Deviance Unit is very thorough and complete. You can tell a lot of quality work went into creating the unit. Very well done and appreciated! Thanks!!
My students really enjoyed this unit! I was apprehensive about teaching a unit on crime and deviance, but this product made it simple and straightforward to teach!