The ability to speak in public is one of the hardest things that anybody can endure, but it is so much easier if you can adopt some powerful techniques that others use to make their speech memorable and at least survive on the stage.
Young people should be given plenty of practice time to present a speech and this unit of work helped the kids in my class adopt some strategies use in their speeches.
This pack consists of quality worksheets that review some famous speeches and shows the techniques that the speaker used to be persuasive and powerful.
The content includes:
- Analyzing Donald Trump's acceptance speech
- Learning about Alliteration in speeches
- Practising the use of Tricolons
- Understanding the Power of Speech Metaphors
- Ways to use Repetition in Speeches
- Reviewing Inch by Inch, by Al Pacino
- Reviewing Queen Elizabeth I’s Speech to the Troops at Tilbury, 1588
- Discovering the power of The Gettysburg Address
- Counting the metaphors in the 'I Have a Dream Speech', by Martin Luther King
The pack also includes a bonus Rubric that can be used to analyze the effectiveness of any speech.
32 pages in all, including an Answer Key