Types of Chemical Reactions - TWO day lesson package, everything you need to teach the different Types of Chemical Reactions is right here including the lesson (student and teacher versions), a student lesson handout and a worksheet with answers. The Power Point is interactive and engaging with YouTube videos hyperlinked directly onto the slides. No more searching for videos, just click on the slide and it will take you directly to them.
Included in the lesson package is:
- The teacher version of the power point
- The student version of the power point
- Hyperlinked videos embedded on the slides
- Student lesson handout
- 1 worksheet with answers
In order, the lesson covers:
- An overivew of the 5 main types of reactions
- Details on Synthesis Reactions
- Decomposition Reactions
- Single Replacement Reactions
- Double Replacement Reactions
- Combustion (complete and incomplete) Reactions
- Lots of examples and practice
The student version of the power point contains multiple blanks that need to be filled in throughout the lesson. These blanks are conveniently underlined and bolded on the teacher copy. I have found this to be the most effective means of keeping my students engaged and active without having them write everything out. This also leaves more time for discussion and activities.