This puzzle focuses on Japanese culture, both the tidbits of info offered in FAREWELL TO MANZANAR and other researched information. Here are a few clues and their answers.
* Japan has over 200 of these geological landmarks (VOLCANOES)
Japan's most abundant mineral (COAL)
* banzai, in English (LONG LIFE)
* ____ garden (ROCK)
* Means “empty orchestra” in Japanese and is very popular in the U.S. (KARAOKE)
* Japan is a world leader in this highly technical field (ROBOTICS)
Both fun and enlightening! Good quick research project.
More unique products over FAREWELL TO MANZANAR—see them all in my store!
• Bookmarks Plus: FAREWELL TO MANZANAR edition—Handy Reading Aid! Helps students keep track of characters and provides definitions for new words—and so much more!
• FAREWELL TO MANZANAR: 16 Theme-Related Quotations + Teaching Ideas Well-researched, thought-provoking quotations by some of history’s greatest thinkers—each quotation relates to a theme in the book!
• FAREWELL TO MANZANAR: Figurative Language Crossword Students use their knowledge of the story, their knowledge of language, and their imaginations to complete these clues. All are examples of similes, metaphors, hyperbole, etc., from the story! A great way to approach figurative language
• FAREWELL TO MANZANAR: 5 Category Jumbles Puzzles—Really Fun! Students unscramble each word and then place the letters into a series of squares. They then arrange the letters in the shaded boxes to spell out the category word at the top of the puzzle. Students love uncovering the mystery word!
Word-Wise Language Arts Resources
—100s of unique products based on most-taught literature!
Fun Teaching~Fun Learning!