Chapter 8 of 8: Jobs in publishing
KS2: Inferring meaning from evidence, roleplay, heroes, calculating printing costs, planning a project (Reading, Maths, Careers)
KS2, KS3: Our readers’ questionnaire was part of the initial evaluation of Freedom City Comics. It’s also a good reading and discussion activity in its own right! (PSHE, English, Maths)
This is one section of our larger Freedom City Comics learning framework. To download all resources in one file, please see https://www.tes.com/teaching-resource/freedom-city-comics-learning-framework-11919380
This learning framework and resources are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution NonCommercial 4.0 International License (CC BY-NC). You can change this framework and share it with other people as long as you credit our project, but you can’t use it commercially. All artwork remains the copyright of the original artists.
KS2 curriculum links include: Science, Art, Citizenship, History, Politics, Writing, Literacy, Reading, Maths, Geography, Drama, Careers, PSHE. Key Stage 2 learning framework developed by Mike Thompson and Lydia Wysocki.
KS3 curriculum links include: Media, Art, English, Modern Foreign Languages, History, Drama, PSHE, RE/Ethics, Geography, Maths. Key Stage 3 learning framework developed by Gary Bainbridge and Lydia Wysocki.
Freedom City Comics is our free comics anthology presenting snapshots of the history of civil rights and politics on Tyneside. It was created as part of Freedom City 2017.
Thanks to all our Freedom City Comics contributors:
• Paul Peart-Smith, working with alumnus Paul Barry and researcher Brian Ward
• Terry Wiley, working with researcher Rachel Hammersley
• Patrice Aggs, working with researcher Brycchan Carey
• Mack Chater and Ian Mayor, working with researcher Joan Allen
• Sha Nazir, working with researcher Matt Perry
• Ragavee Balendran, working with researcher Matt Perry
• ‘Brick’, working with project lead Matthew Grenby
• Managing editor is Britt Coxon; Editor in chief is Lydia Wysocki.