This lesson is on quadratic sequences and goes through two methods to solve quadratic sequences. One method builds on their understanding of linear sequences as well, which is helpful. The other builds on their understanding of substitution and simultaneous equations. I teach both methods even though the majority of pupils will adopt the first method. I have found that giving pupils more understanding and methods, does pay dividend in the long run.
The lesson comes with a starter, learning objectives, key words, plenty of teaching slides/examples, questions with answers and plenary. This is part of a bigger bundle on sequences / series, which can either be purchased with or without the additional A-Level lessons. The bundle comes at discount, and contains the following:
1. Introduction to Linear Sequences
2. Linear Sequences in Diagrams
3. Quadratic Sequences
4. Other Sequences and Problems
5. Fibonacci Sequence, Golden Ratio and Spiral (one of the reasons I become passionate about mathematics!!)
6. Arithmetic Sequences or Series
7. Sum of Arithmetic Sequences (A-Level)
8. Geometric Sequences or Series (A-Level)
9. Sum of Geometric Series (A-Level)
10. Sum of Infinite Series (A-Level)
NOTE: Feel free to browse my shop for more excellent free and premium resources and as always please rate and feedback, thanks.