UNIT 5: FOOD
LESSONS 16- 17: The vegetables/ The Fruit/ At the market place
Complete lessons for Year 5 and Year 6
SET UP 1: HELP Rachid complete the fruit names and prices on the cards.
ROLE-PLAY: SHANNON O’CONNOR continues her food shopping with DAVID and TITI. She goes to RACHID‛s market stall to buy her fruit and vegetables. DAVID is as usual very naughty, while Titi is trying to taste everything. COMPLETE FRENCH LESSON FOR YEAR 4 AND YEAR 5.
SUBJECTS: Combien de légumes y a-t-il?/ Combien ça coûte?/ Les fruits
INCLUDES 20 documents: lesson with audio/ lesson plan/ exercises/ resources for role-playing/ poster for display/ certificate of merit/ Food flashcards for games/ Role-play/ Flashcards
Colourful PDF files from the COSMOVILLE book series, featuring lesson L15 and L16 from unit 5: FOOD.
The PDF files have the SOUND embedded (PDFs require ADOBE READER to access the audio content) and can be used on whiteboards, I-PADs, tablets and laptops.
The folder also includes printable students' activity worksheets and CUT-OUT characters’ masks for practising role-playing.
• Topic and practice worksheet: Combien de légumes y a-t-il?/ Les légumes
• Topic and practice worksheet: Combien ça coûte?/ Les fruits
• Role-play: Madame O’Connor va au marché
Academic level: Year 5 - Year 6
Attainment targets: (pupils’ activity)
• Reading, speaking and writing (2 topic practice worksheets + 1 poster)
• Understanding & writing (2 practice worksheets)
• Naming the vegetables and fruit in French
• Expressing which vegetable and fruit you like and dislike
• Understanding a scene from a short text
Folder includes: 20 documents
• 3 colourful PDF files with sound embedded for classroom presentation
• 3 printable students’ activity worksheets
• 10 printable pages featuring 2 complete lesson plans
• 16 printable food flashcards
• 2 printable cut-out characters’ masks for role-playing
• 1 printable certificate of merit
• 1 poster
• 3 pages featuring the genesis
• 49 food flashcards
This COMPLETE LESSON is also available in SPANISH, GERMAN, and ENGLISH.