If, like I was, you are fed up with analysing data manually, this spreadsheet is for you.
Originally created for my science department and then rolled out whole-school, this GCSE progress tracking spreadsheet will save you hours of analysing, putting relevant data right at your fingertips within seconds of assessments being graded.
Use is easy - once the initial population of student data (lifted straight from an export from your school's data system) is done, the only data that needs to be entered is the grades for each assessment/homework/piece of work. You can use grades 1-9, but plus and minus subgrades are catered for too. Colour coded cells automatically show progress (above or below target grade) and the sheet does all the analysis for you, producing a data table detailing the following:
- progress & attainment of Low, Middle and High Prior Attainment (KS2)
- progress & attainment of girls vs boys
- progress & attainment of SEND vs non-SEND, Pupil premium vs non Pupil Premium and EAL vs non EAL.
- progress & attainment of individual classes or teachers
- progress & attainment of the whole cohort
For demonstrating progress and attainment over time, the graph tab provides four line graphs detailing the following:
- percentage of work completed/submitted
- percentage of students achieving grade 5 +
- percentage of students meeting targets
- percentage of students exceeding targets
You can filter each column and the analysis table and graphs will automatically update. For example, perhaps you want to look at how pupil premium boys with low prior attainment are performing in your subject?
Colleagues have used it with great success in department meetings, leadership meetings, appraisal meetings, performance management and even with inspectors.
Only the white cells are editable, the others are locked and the sheets are password protected (password will be supplied) to avoid any accidental changes to the formulae.
Support can be provided post-purchase. If you do have any questions, please email me on email@example.com