Practice KS2 SATs arithmetic papers, updated for 2018 tests.
• 10x practice papers
• Test analysis excel spreadsheet
• Test coverage document (39 different question types)
These papers have been produced after careful and thorough analysis of the sample, 2016 and 2017 arithmetic papers, and the test developers’ framework.
From this, I’ve identified all possible question types that could come up in future papers. In total, there are 39 different areas, and each area is tested in every one of the 10 practice papers.
Question 1 always tests the same objective (as does question 2 etc.), making this the perfect gap analysis tool in preparation for the KS2 arithmetic test.
In light of the 2017 paper, question types include:
• Finding % of a number using scaling (e.g. 7% of 500)
• Finding % of a number using place value (e.g. 15% x 1,000)
• Place value scaling (e.g. 0.9 x 200)
• 1x missing box question per paper
In order for each paper to cover all question types, there are 41 questions (45 marks) as opposed to the 36 questions (40 marks) in the official arithmetic papers. Therefore, instead of allowing 30 minutes for the test, you should allow 35 minutes.