Animal Report Packet for Primary Grades
We have developed this report template and additional worksheets, organizers, tools and forms to use for your students to create, develop, write, edit, illustrate, present, and assess their animal report. This template can be for their formal report or utilized as a study guide to develop their report for them to type or write on their own. This packet contains the following:
• Template includes: Topic, Introduction, Description, Habitat/ Special Characteristics, Life Cycles, Eating Habits, Predators/Prey, How Animal Protects Itself, Communication, Closely Related Relatives, Interesting and Unusual Facts, Would it make a good pet, and Conclusion. We have provided additional lined sheets to add additional information; copy as many as needed.
• Templates for pictures, Maps, and Illustrations.
• A page to help your students find information for their report.
• Resource page and Bibliography Template- I use the Resource Page template because my students are not ready to learn the rules of a true bibliography, but if you teach bibliography skills I have included a template for you.
• Tree Map Graphic Organizers for student planning and a blank Tree Map page if you’d like your students to draw their own map.
• Note Taking page for students to take notes and a note taking page in bullet format. Copy as needed.
• A Powerpoint page if you’d like your students to create a Powerpoint.
• A Projects page if you’d like your students to create a project.
• An Oral Presentation Information Sheet.
• Rubrics- Performance Task for the Written Report, Powerpoint, Project, and Oral Reports.
• Animal Report Checklist for students to check if all performance tasks are completed and included.
• Editing and Revising Checklist.
• Common Core Standards page that can be hung near the student reports on a bulletin board to cite the Common Core Writing Standard being taught.
• Teacher Ideas.
• Landscape worksheets - I recreated some of the graphic organizers and illustration sheets in landscape page orientation if you’d wish to substitute these pages for the portrait worksheets.
If you like this product, please check back soon as we will be posting new products in the near future. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us and we will promptly help you. Thank you!
The Teacher Team
Copyright 2013 Carol Beaumont
All Rights Reserved by Author
Permission to copy for single classroom use only
Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only.