This lesson / revelation was one of the cornerstones of why I became passionate personally with mathematics. I have used various slides from this PowerPoint to do maths assemblies as well. Pupils love this lesson and some of the slides are mind blowing. Love it !!! This builds on pupils understanding of sequences and does lend well to looking at series (different ways of writing rules or describing sequences). What I am saying is this lesson is brilliant in terms of adding the WOW factor as well as leading nicely into part 6 of the bundle/ series on sequences.
The lesson comes with a starter, learning objectives, key words, plenty of teaching slides/examples, questions with answers and plenary. This is part of a bigger bundle on sequences / series, which can either be purchased with or without the additional A-Level lessons. The bundle comes at discount, and contains the following:
1. Introduction to Linear Sequences
2. Linear Sequences in Diagrams
3. Quadratic Sequences
4. Other Sequences and Problems
5. Fibonacci Sequence, Golden Ratio and Spiral (one of the reasons I become passionate about mathematics!!)
6. Arithmetic Sequences or Series
7. Sum of Arithmetic Sequences (A-Level)
8. Geometric Sequences or Series (A-Level)
9. Sum of Geometric Series (A-Level)
10. Sum of Infinite Series (A-Level)
NOTE: Feel free to browse my shop for more excellent free and premium resources and as always please rate and feedback, thanks.