This item is a resource package, which consists of a 15 page interactive student booklet for the BTEC Health & Social Care Level 3 Unit 3 Anatomy & Physiology B6 Digestive system and dysfunctions.
Along with this, is the six engaging PowerPoints and additional work sheet tasks and activities that go with it.
PowerPoints are well designed and have embedded videos in them, with booklet pages for students to make notes and example of possible exam questions that may be asked.
B6 The structure, function and main disorders of the digestive system spec content, below
• Alimentary canal – Oral cavity, salivary glands, oesophagus, stomach, duodenum (beginning of the small intestine), ileum colon (large intestine).
• The role of the liver and pancreas,
• The role of the digestive system in the breakdown and absorption of food materials, ingestion, peristalsis, digestion, absorption, egestion.
• The role of enzymes in digestion – amylases, proteases, lipases, sites of secretion, role in digestion.
• The role of microorganisms in the gut.
• Major products of digestion – peptides and amino acids, sugars, glycerol and fatty acids, roles in the body, storage of excess fats and carbohydrates, deamination of excess amino acids and the fate of end products, the role of the liver, the role of the kidneys.
• Absorption of food – into blood, into lacteals, the role of villi and microvilli.
Dysfunctions of the digestive system
• coeliac disease
• Endoscopy and biopsy
• Blood tests