This career unit bundle gives students an introduction to each of the 16 Career Clusters and focuses on research and projects to demonstrate what a career in this field would be like. This is perfect for a career, technology, CTE or business class. Each career cluster unit takes from 1-2 weeks and the entire bundle takes approximately 28 weeks if all of the materials are used. All units are available individually, if you prefer.
The project was created for grades 7-8 but could easily be used with high school students. The teacher can choose to use some or all of the provided lesson options included in each unit.
Unit plans for the following career clusters are included:
• Agriculture, Food & Natural Resources
• Architecture & Construction
• Arts, A/V Technology & Communications
• Business Management & Administration
• Education & Training
• Government & Public Administration
• Health Science
• Hospitality & Tourism
• Human Services
• Information Technology
• Law, Public Safety, Corrections & Security
• Marketing, Sales & Service
• Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics (STEM)
• Transportation, Distribution & Logistics
Each unit contains the following:
• Teacher & Student Resources for the specific career cluster: including list of files provided, project duration, materials needed, links to research sites, links to related videos and extension lessons, links to tutorials.
• Introduction to the Career Cluster – Editable Microsoft PowerPoint presentation
• Introduction to the Career Cluster Research Reading and Questions
• Vocabulary Crossword Puzzle (includes answer key)
• Job Type Word Search Puzzle (includes answer key)
• Individual Student Project (technology based) to research and or simulate the career. These include full student instructions, grading rubric. Resources, samples, and/or tutorials are included where appropriate.
• Group Project (most are NOT technology based or just need access to a computer briefly for research) to use critical thinking and teamwork skills in a career simulation. These include full student instructions, grading rubric, handouts for brainstorming/compiling information. Resources and other documents necessary for completion are included where appropriate.
• Career Cluster Reflection Questions to summarize learning from the lesson (an editable, Microsoft Word file)
Files Included in this Bundle:
• Teacher Notes for the Career Unit Bundle
• A file folder containing the full unit for each of the 16 career clusters (16 total files)